The Bank was established on February 8, 1950. At the time of inception, a major segment of the society was unaware about banking and many other financial facilities. Due to this, the bank faced many challenges and hardships after establishment. The first bearers of the bank were Shri Jalejar Bamansa Contractor – President, Shri Keshavlal Ranchhoddas Shah – Chairman, Shri Ishwarlal Keshavlal Desai -Secretary along with other supporters. It was due to their efforts that the bank and Santrampur town both are flourishing today.
The bank was named “The Santrampur Urban Co-op. Bank Ltd.” at the district registrar office on March 6, 1950. The first ever AGM of the bank met on the same date. The first building of the bank was held on rent at Rs. 14.00/month rent. The total share collection for the first year was Rs. 1,00,000 with a total of 131 members. On the second year of the bank, the total profit noted was Rs. 399.15.
Since then, there was no looking back and the bank kept growing. We have always kept our customers on the highest priority for us.